The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release the CBSE 10th Result 2020 at official site www.cbseresults.nic.in. Likewise every year the board conducts the examinations from February 15 to March 19, 2020. Now CBSE Board Class 10 Result 2020 is expected to release on dates May 15, 2020. Around 16 lakh students appears in Class 10 Board exams, every year. All the CBSE board students are advised to keep a close check on the official website (cbse.nic.in) of the board for latest updates on results.
Contents of this Page
- 1 About Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Board
- 2 CBSE 10th Result 2020 Date and Time
- 3 How to Check CBSE Class 10th Result 2020
- 4 Method 1: CBSE Result 2020 from official website www.cbseresults.nic.in
- 5 Method 2: CBSE 10th Result 2020 on Google Search
- 6 Method 3: Download CBSE Digital Marksheet through DIGILOCKER
- 7 Method 4: CBSE 10 Class Result 2020 on Microsoft App SMS Organizer?
- 8 How to pre-register for CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 results on SMS Organizer
- 9 Method 5: CBSE Class 10 and 12 Result 2020 on Umang Application?
- 10 Method 6: CBSE Result 2020 through IVRS
- 11 Method 7: CBSE Class 10 Result 2020 via SMS?
- 12 Method 8: CBSE Board Result 2020 With Name
- 13 Other Websites To Check CBSE Results 2020
- 14 Details Mentioned On CBSE Results 2020 For 10th Class
- 15 CBSE 10th Passing Marks Criteria
- 16 Grading Scheme for CBSE Class 10
- 17 How to calculate CBSE CGPA for 10th Result
- 18 CBSE 10th Re-evaluation 2020 Application Dates
- 19 Verification Photocopy and Revaluation of Marks
- 20 CBSE Class 10 Re-evaluation Result 2020
- 21 CBSE Compartment exam Dates 2020
- 22 CBSE Supple / Compartmental Results 2020
- 23 CBSE Class 10th past year year statistics
- 24 FAQs on CBSE Results 2020
- 25 Share this with friends:
About Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Board
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a national level board of education in India for public and private schools, controlled and managed by Union Government of India. CBSE has asked all schools affiliated to follow only NCERT curriculum. There are approximately 20,299 schools in India and 220 schools in 28 foreign countries affiliated to the CBSE.
CBSE conducts the final examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 every year in the month of March. The results are announced by the end of May. For promotion from Secondary (Class 10) to Senior Secondary (Class 11-12), a student must obtain, for all subjects (or best 5 if 6 subjects are taken), 33% overall, without any minimum theory mark requirement.
CBSE 10th Result 2020 Date and Time
|Name of the Board||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Examination Name||Secondary School (Class X) Board Exams 2020|
|Date of Exams Started||15th February, 2020|
|Last date of examination||20th March, 2020|
|Category||CBSE Board 10th Result 2020|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|CBSE Result Date||May 15, 2020 (Tentative)|
|Main Website of CBSE||www.cbse.nic.in|
|CBSE Result Official Website||www.cbseresults.nic.in|
For promotion from Secondary (Class 10) to Senior Secondary (Class 11-12), a student must obtain, for all subjects (or best 5 if 6 subjects are taken), 33% overall, without any minimum theory mark requirement.
The CBSE announces the result date formally through a notification. It publishes the notification in which it reveals the date on which is going to publish the results. However, CBSE officials also confirmed by final decision about CBSE 10th and 12th Board Exam Date 2020 will be taken by the board only after 3rd May only after lockdown is lifted.
How to Check CBSE Class 10th Result 2020
The candidates must note, due to lakhs of students participating online to check their results simultaneously, a glitch or a delay in checking the CBSE Board results is expected. So the students are advised to stay tune and track the website for quick alerts related to the board results.
There are several methods through which candidates can now check CBSE Class 10th result 2020. The Central Board of Secondary Education permits the use of a different platform such as Google search, IVRS/SMS, and apps such as Umang, Microsoft, and Digilocker. Here is a brief update regarding these methods to check CBSE Class 10th result 2020.
Method 1: CBSE Result 2020 from official website www.cbseresults.nic.in
As soon as the board announces CBSE Results 2020, the board uploads result data base on its official result portal i.e www.cbseresults.nic.in. Students can check their result for by simply following the instructions as provided below.
- Visit official website of www.cbse.nic.in
- You will find 2 links. CBSE Results and CBSE Main Website
- Click on CBSE Results link or you can directly open www.cbseresults.nic.in website.
- Next Click on Secondary School Exam (Class X) exam link
- Now enter y our Roll No., Date of Birth, School No., Center No. and Admit Card ID.
- After entering all necessary details click on “Submit” button.
- Your result with subject wise marks sheet displays on the screen.
- Check your Personal details, marks and other information printed on the Marks Sheet.
- Finally Download, Save and take a print out for further use.
Method 2: CBSE 10th Result 2020 on Google Search
In 2019, CBSE had partnered with Google so that students could check their CBSE Class 10 result by simply conducting a Google search. You can view your CBSE class 10th result directly on Google Search Engine by following these steps
- Open Google Search from any web browser
- Type CBSE Class 10th results 2020 in Google Search.
- At the top of the search results, you will be find page as shown above.
- Enter Center Number, Admit Card ID, School Number, Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Next Click on “Check Exam Results” button.
- Your result will be displayed on the Screen with subject wise marks and grades.
- Check and download your marks sheet.
- Finally Take a print out for future use.
Method 3: Download CBSE Digital Marksheet through DIGILOCKER
Digilocker is another novel way to check your class 10th results. It is essentially a digital account of a person from which can be accessed from anywhere. Follow below steps to check CBSE Results from digilocker.
- Firstly visit digilocker.gov.in website.
- Go through the instruction appeared on the screen.
- Later login / signup to view your certificates.
- A new login window will appear on which you need to enter details such as your username sent to you by CBSE on your registered mobile number.
- In case you are first time user then your password will be your mother’s first name same as mentioned on your admit card followed by the last four digits of your roll number. For example, if your mother’s name is Abhikshith Jai Bhargav and your roll number is 1234567 then your password would be abhikshith4567.
- You can also log in by verifying your Aadhar number.
- After successful login you can easily download your Marks sheet.
Method 4: CBSE 10 Class Result 2020 on Microsoft App SMS Organizer?
You can check CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 results directly on your Android smartphone with SMS Organizer. You can also pre-register on SMS Organizer and receive your results as soon as they are announced by CBSE, even if you are not connected to the internet.
If you are already an SMS Organizer user, you will get a notification to pre-register to receive your results. If you are not an SMS Organizer user, now is the time to become one!
How to pre-register for CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 results on SMS Organizer
- Step 1: Click on the notification from the app, to pre-register at ease.
- Step 2: Enter the required details – roll number, school code, and date of birth to complete the registration process.
- Step 3: That’s it! As soon as the results are declared, you will receive your score card on the app, even if you do not have internet connectivity.
Method 5: CBSE Class 10 and 12 Result 2020 on Umang Application?
This is another application called UMANG that can be used to retrieve your CBSE class 10th results. Just like Microsoft application, this can be installed on your phone to check results online.
- Step 1: Install the Umang App from the Google PlayStore.
- Step 2: Click the 10th tab that appears on the screen.
- Step 3: Click on the results section, look for a login window to appear.
- Step 4: Select CBSE Result tab
- Step 5: Select your class, year and enter your roll number and date of birth. Click on the submit button and check your result carefully.
Method 6: CBSE Result 2020 through IVRS
- Students can also check their CBSE result through Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS).
- The IVRS call would be charged at 30 paise per minute for one roll number.
- To get the result through IVR, aspirants need to dial the number – 24300699 with the code of their area preceding this number.
- The CBSE 10th result 2020 will be dictated on the call containing the subject-wise marks.
The numbers specified by CBSE have been given below:
|Area Covered||Telephone Numbers|
|Local subscribers of Delhi||24300699|
|Subscribers from other parts of the country||011 – 24300699|
Method 7: CBSE Class 10 Result 2020 via SMS?
If you do not have access to the internet you can use the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) or SMS method. For this, simply send your roll number at the service number provided.
- Open SMS application on the mobile phone.
- Type an SMS: cbse10<space>roll number<space>date of birth<space>school number<space>centre number.
- Now, send it to 7738299899.
- Students will receive their CBSE Result 2020 Class 10 through SMS on their mobile phone within a few minutes.
Method 8: CBSE Board Result 2020 With Name
- 1st Step: First of all logon to the website where you can check CBSE 10th Result 2019 name wise.
- 2nd Step: The website is indiaresults.com
- 3rd Step: Select Delhi from the list of all the Indian states available there
- 4th Step: Click on CBSE Class 10 Result link from the list of results
- 5th Step: Enter min first 4 letters of candidate name and click on search button
- 6th Step: The complete list which matches your entered letters will be displayed along with father name
- 7th Step: Select the candidate name of whose you want to check result
- 8th Step: Finally click on Get Result button available beside the name
- 9th Step: Here you can see the complete marks list of the candidate along with grades
- 10th Step: At last Download, Save and Take a Print out for further use.
Other Websites To Check CBSE Results 2020
Details Mentioned On CBSE Results 2020 For 10th Class
The following details will be mentioned on CBSE 10th Result 2020:
- Exam Name
- Conducting Authority
- Roll Number
- Candidate Name
- Mothers Name
- Fathers Name
- Date of Birth
- School of Birth
- Subject Code
- Subject Name
- Positional Grade
- Additional Subject
- Result Status
CBSE 10th Passing Marks Criteria
A candidate needs to obtain a grade higher than E (at least 33 per cent marks) in all the five subjects of external examination in the main/compartmental examinations. The passing marks in each subject of external examinations are 33 per cent.
Grading Scheme for CBSE Class 10
Forwarding the grades, the Board will put all the passed students in rank order and will award the grades as follows:
|Marks Obtained||Grade Alloted||Grade Point Alloted (GPA)|
For a student to pass Class 10th, he or she has to score a minimum of D grade in every subject. Marks and grades will be on the basis of the 9-point grading system. Grades will be awarded in each scholastic subject.
How to calculate CBSE CGPA for 10th Result
CBSE has launched a new system for displaying results of class 10 as per the CCE (Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation) system in the form of grading system known as CGPA. It stands for Cumulative Grade Point Average. It does not show the exact percentage of the candidate rather it shows a grade which fall into different range of percentages. These grades are to be converted into points up to 10 in each subject. It indicates the result in the form of grades from A to E. Grade E is equivalent to fail, rest all the grades before E depicts pass.
CBSE has provided the following formula to calculate the approximate percentage marks in each subject and overall result:
- Subject wise indicative percentage of marks = 9.5 X GP of the subject
- Overall indicative percentage of marks = 9.5 X CGPA
CBSE 10th Re-evaluation 2020 Application Dates
Students who are not satisfied with CBSE 10th result 2020 will be can apply for the process of verification and re-evaluation.
- CBSE will release the application for re-evaluation and verification in the last week of May 2020.
- Students will have a period of 5-6 days to apply for re-evaluation or verification of CBSE class 10th exam result 2020.
- Students have to pay a fee for the re-evaluation of Rs. 500 per subject to apply.
- The payment can be made through gateway/net banking, debit/credit card (both national/ international).
- Only students who apply for verification can request for photocopy(ies) of the answer sheets.
- The processing fee for obtaining a photocopy of the answer booklet will be Rs. 500 per subject.
Verification Photocopy and Revaluation of Marks
Notification for CBSE 10th Schedule and Processing Fee for Verification Photocopy and Revaluation of Marks. A notice regarding the schedule for CBSE Class 10th verification and revaluation of marks has been released. Candidates have to pay the following amount of fee to apply for rechecking or to obtain the photocopy of the answer sheet.
|CBSE Revaluation Activity||Fee Perticulars|
|Verification of marks||₹ 500/-|
|Obtaining photocopy of answer sheet||₹ 500/- per subject|
|Revaluation||₹ 100/- per question|
|LOC for Compartment Form for private candidates (in india)||₹ 300/- per subject|
|LOC for Compartment Form for private candidates (outside india)||₹ 2000/- per subject|
CBSE Class 10 Re-evaluation Result 2020
In case, students feel unsatisfied with their marks in CBSE 10th result 2020 can apply for re-evaluation. The online portal to register for re-checking/ re-evaluation will be activated in the month of May 2020.
- The portal will remain active for 2 -3 days.
- Students need to pay a re-evaluation fee of Rs. 100 per question to register online. The fee is non-refundable.
- Any changes in the marks will be reflected in the final CBSE Class 10th scorecard.
- The CBSE 10th result 2020 declared after re-evaluation will be considered final.
- No further appeal against the re-evaluation will be entertained.
CBSE Compartment exam Dates 2020
If a student fails in two of the five subjects, they can appear for the compartment exams for Class 10, provided they have cleared all the subjects of internal assessment. The CBSE Compartment exams 2020 will be held in July.
In case if a student does not pass in one or two subjects, the board gives them another chance to pass the exam. CBSE conducts compartment exam for these students. To apply for CBSE 10th compartment exam, students will need to fill the application form online. The board releases a separate date sheet and admit card for the students appearing in the compartment exam.
CBSE Supple / Compartmental Results 2020
The results for the same will be announced in the first week of August 2020. To check CBSE class 10th compartment result 2020, students will need details like roll number, date of birth, admit card id, etc.
Last year the supply exams were held from July 2 to 10 and the result was announced on 24th of the same month. The CBSE 10th Supplementary Results 2020 likely to release in the last week of July or first week of August 2020.
CBSE Class 10th past year year statistics
FAQs on CBSE Results 2020
A student should obtain a minimum of 33% in each subject to pass the class 12th examination. However, students should pass practical exams separately.
CBSE does not release result name wise. However candidates can check CBSE result name wise from www.indiaresults.com
The CBSE class x result is expected in 2nd Week of May, 2020 tentatively.
According to the official press release, approximately 18.19 lakh students have registered for the CBSE 10th Board Exam 2019. — In 2018, the CBSE published the Class 10 Board Result on May 29 at 4 pm
There are various methods to check CBSE Results. Total 8 methods are explained above to check CBSE Class 10 & Class 12 results. Step by step process is available above.
Students can collect their marksheets and the certificates digitally through digilocker or by visting the respective schools and collect manually.
There is no such grace marks policy in CBSE although there is a policy of lineant marking if the responses of student says that paper was tough they will marks for attempted question . … How do I get passing marks in the physics class 12 CBSE 2019-2020?
The pass marks in each subject of external examination shall be 33%. In case of a subject involving practical work a candidate must obtain 33% marks in theory and 33% marks in practical separately in addition to 33% marks in aggregate in order to qualify in that subject.