SSC Hindi Translator Recruitment 2020 notification released by Staff Selection Commission to fill Junior Translator (JT) in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS), Railway Board & Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ), Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/ JHT & Senior Hindi Translator (SHT) in Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices.
SSC Junior Translator Recruitment 2020
SSC JHT 2020 online application was started on 29 June 2020 at ssc.nic.in. All interested candidates can apply for these posts by 25 July 2020. Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 27 July 2020.
SSC Translator Job Highlights 2020
|Name of the Exam
|Junior Hindi Translator
|Staff Selection Commission
|Mode of Application
|Number of Vacancies
|Around 400 (Expected)
|Prelims and Mains
|Name of the Posts
|Junior Hindi Translator (JHT),
Junior Translator (JT),
Senior Hindi Translator (SHT) and
Hindi Pradhyapak (HP)
|Online Application Start Date
|June 29, 2020
|Closing Date of Online Application
|July 25, 2020
|Name of the Post
|Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS)
(Rs 35,400- 1,12,400)
|Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board)
|Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ)
|Junior Translator (JT)/Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/ JHT
|Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries/Departments/Offices
SSC JHT & SHT Eligibility Conditions
- Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Maximum Age: 30 Years
- Note: Age relaxation is admissible for SC/ST/OBC/ PH/ Ex-servicemen candidates as per rules.
- Post Code A to D: A master degree from a government-approved university and Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa from a recognized institute or two years’ experience in Hindi to English translation and vice-versa in Central or State Government Office, including Government of India Undertaken organizations
- Post Code E: Post graduation from a government-approved university and Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and vice versa or three years’ experience in Hindi to English translation and vice versa in Central or State Government Office, including Government of India Undertaken organizations.
SSC Junior Translator Jobs Application
Registration Fee 2020
Staff Selection Commission JHT Application Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- As per SSC 2020 JHT Notification, applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected by the commission.
- Candidates who are required to pay the fee for SSC JHT Application Form 2020 should make sure that their fee has been deposited with SSC.
- If the fee is not received by SSC, applications will be rejected.
|General and OBC
Scheme of Examination
Candidates must appear for Paper 1 and get qualified for the next stage i.e. Paper 2 examination. Those qualifying paper 2 will be called for the document verification and appointment based on merit.
|Number of questions
|Type of questions
|General English and General Hindi
|-1/4th marks for each wrong response
|Type of questions
|-1/4th marks for each wrong response
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
- Paper-I will consist of Objective Type Multiple choice questions only.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized
Minimum Qualifying Marks
As per the notification, candidates need to score minimum marks to qualify in both the Paper I and Paper II of the SSC JHT Exam 2020. Go through the minimum qualifying marks set by the commission and enhance your preparation to clear SSC JHT Exam in the first attempt.
|Minimum Qualifying Marks
SSC Translator Recruitment Selection Process 2020
SSC JHT Selection Process 2020 comprises of the following selection process:
- Paper I – Objective-based paper
- Paper-II – Descriptive Paper
SSC JHT paper I Selection Process 2020
- The Paper I is an M.C.Q based exam with 0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer.
- The exam is conducted for 2 hours in online mode.
- It contains two sections and each section has 100 multiple-choice questions. Paper I is for 200 marks.
- If the Paper I exam is conducted in several shifts, then the marks scored shall be normalized and used to determine the final merit list.
SSC JHT Paper II Selection Process 2020
- Candidates who qualify in Paper I exam will be eligible for paper II exam.
- Paper-II is a descriptive type of paper that contains two passages. Candidates need to translate one passage from Hindi to English and the other from English to Hindi.
- The Paper-II exam is for 2 hours for the General category and it is for 2 hours and 40 minutes for the VH or OH candidates.
How to apply for SSC Translator Recruitment?
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
- Candidates must complete the One-time Registration process to get login details.
- Login with your details on SSC portal.
- Fill up the details.
- Pay the fee and submit the form.
- Make sure to take out the print out of application form.
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 29th June, 2020
- Application Last Date: 25th July, 2020 by 23:30 Hrs
- Last Date for Payment of Fee through Online: 25th July, 2020 by 23:30 Hrs
- Generation of Offline Challan Last Date: 29th July, 2020 by 23:30 Hrs
- Payment Last date through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 31st, July, 2020
- Paper-I Exam Date (Computer Based Test): 06th October, 2020
- Paper-II Exam Date (Descriptive Paper): 31st January, 2021
- Download SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam 2020 Official Notification
- Click Here to Apply Online for SSC JHT 2020 Exam (LOGIN)
- Official Website: www.ssc.nic.in
SSC Translator Jobs 2020
WebsiteStaff Selection Commission (SSC)
Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. Candidates must complete the One-time Registration process to get login details
Base Salary: 35,400- 1,12,400 ₹ per Month