KVS Admissions 2020: New guidelines released by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) for Class 1 to 11 entrance for academic year 2020-2021 on July 15, 2020. Parents/Guardian will have to submit a KV admission form with all required documents to confirm admission 2020 at respective KV Schools. Check Class wise Age limit, Reservations, Seat allotment process, and complete schedule from below.
KVS Admissions 2020 Notification for Class I to XI
KVS Admission 2020 Eligibility
Class Wise Age Limit:
The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.) A Child must be 5 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought.
|Class||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|I Class||5 years||7 years|
|II Class||6 years||8 years|
|III Class||7 years||9 years|
|IV Class||8 years||10 years|
|V Class||9 years||11 years|
|VI Class||10 years||12 years|
|VII Class||11 years||13 years|
|VIII Class||12 years||14 years|
|IX Class||13 years||15 years|
|X Class||14 years||16 years|
Procedure of Seat Allotment
Admissions for Class I are being done through online mode & for other classes it is offline.
- 1st Class: Selection will be done through an online draw of all students applied.
- 2nd – 08th Classes: Admission test shall not be conducted for admission to Class II to VIII and the admission may be granted based on Priority Category system (1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be). If applications are more in number than the number of seats are allocated based on lottery system.
- 09th Class: Priority will be given on the basis of an entrance examination.
- 10th Class: Admission test shall be conducted and a merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately
- 11th Class: Based on marks obtained in 10th Class.
Reservations in KV Admissions
- SC/ST and other OBC Category: 15% seats for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes and 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) shall be reserved in all fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- Differently Abled Category: 3% seats of total available seats for fresh admission will be horizontally reserved for Differently Abled-children as per the provisions of RTE Act, 2009. Read in conjunction with Persons with Disabilities.
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Schedules Caste (SC)||15%|
|Differently Abled Candidates||3%|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||25%|
Admissions for children studying in Abroad
A KV Student, who went abroad with his parents on their deputation to a foreign country, will be admitted to corresponding class on their return to India by the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya, where admission is being sought (such admissions will be over and above the class strength).
Admission for vacant seats in KVS
In case seats remain vacant after 30th June as the case may be, in the year of admission, Deputy Commissioner of the Region is empowered to allow admissions up to the prescribed strength as per priorities in admission up to 31st July.
Kendriya Vidyala Sangathan Admission Application 2020-2021
Online Registration for Admission to Class I in Kendriya Vidyalayas for the Academic Year 2020-2021 will commence at 10:00 am on 20.07.2020 and will close at 7:00 pm on 07.08.2020. The Admission details can be obtained through website https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in and also through Android Mobile App.
The official Android Mobile App for KVS Online Admission for Class I for the academic year 2020-2021 and instructions for downloading and installing the App will be available at https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in/apps/ The app will be available at the above URL and also at the Google Play Store. Parents are requested to go through the instructions for using the portal and mobile app carefully before using them.
Registration for Class II and above will be done from 20.07.2020 and 8:00 am to 25.07.2020 upto 4:00 pm if vacancies exist (in offline mode). For Class XI, Registration forms may be downloaded from Vidyalaya Website as per the schedule for admission 2020-2021 available on KVS(HQ) Website https://kvsangathan.nic.in
KV Sangathan Admission Schedule 2020
|Advertisement for admission||17th July, 2020 (Friday)|
|Online Registration for Class- I||20th July, 2020 (Monday)|
10:00 AM onwards
|Last date of Online Registration|
|07th August, 2020 (Friday)|
till 7:00 PM (19 days)
|Declaration of provisional|
select and waitlist of
|1st list on 11th August, 2020|
2nd list on 244th August, 2020
(if seats remain vacant)
3rd list on 26th August, 2020
(if seats remain vacant)
|Declaration of provisional|
|27th to 29th August, 2020|
|Registration for Class-II|
onwards (except Class XI)
|20th to 25th July, 2020|
|Declaration of list of|
class II onwards
|29th July, at 4:00 PM|
|Admission for class II onwards||30th July to 07th August, 2020|
- Official Website: https://kvsangathan.nic.in
- Download Class 1 – 11 Admission Guideliness PDF
- KVS Admission Notice 2020-2021 Download
- KV School Admission Schedule 2020-2021.
- Check more educational updates at www.way2results.in
- 1 KVS Admissions 2020 Notification for Class I to XI
- 2 KVS Admission 2020 Eligibility
- 3 Class Wise Age Limit:
- 4 Procedure of Seat Allotment
- 5 Reservations in KV Admissions
- 6 Admissions for children studying in Abroad
- 7 Admission for vacant seats in KVS
- 8 Kendriya Vidyala Sangathan Admission Application 2020-2021
- 9 KV Sangathan Admission Schedule 2020
- 10 Important Links
- 11 Send to friends: