Andhra Pradesh NTSE Online Applications started on October 13, 2020 for students studying 10th class during the academic year 2020-21 in any recognized schools as well as studying in Open Distance with age 18 years. Interested candidates can check eligibility, exam schedule, registration fee, application process, previous question papers and more updates from here. This is a National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) conducted by the state government as a Stage-1. Candidates qualified in this stage can appear National Level (Stage-2) examination which will be conducted by NCERT. Students successfully qualified and selected candidates will get scholarships for their further studies. For scholarship details you can check this link.
Andhra Pradesh NTSE Notification 2020
Secondary Board of Education, AP notified that the state level National Talent Search (1st level) Examination (NTSE) for class X will be conducted on December 12, 2020 (Sunday). Students studying X Class during the academic year 2020-2021 in any recognized schools as well as the students studying in Open Distance Learning Mode with below age of 18 years (as on July 01st 2020).
AP NTSE Exam Details 2020
|NTSE Event Name||Exam Details|
|Exam Name||National Talent Search Exam (NTSE-2020)|
|Conducting Body||The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)|
|Category||Scholarship for Intermediate to Ph.D|
|Level of Exam||Stage – I (State Level)|
Stage – II (National Level)
|Eligibility||Students studying 10th Class|
|Exam Fee||₹ 200/-|
|Application Last Date||06th November, 2020|
|Exam Date||13th December, 2020|
|State Official Website||www.bse.ap.gov.in/NTSE.aspx|
|National Ofical Website||https://ncert.nic.in|
Students studying in class 10th in the current academic year from any recognized school in Andhra Pradesh including Kendriya Vidhyalayas, Navodaya Samitis and schools affiliated to C.B.S.E. & I.C.S.E. New Delhi. Students must have minimum 60% (for General & 55% for Rest categories) in class 9th.
- The Examination fee is ₹ 200/- (Two Hundred Rupees only) per candidate.
- The examination fee has to be paid in form of Challan to the following Head of Account: (DDs are not acceptable).
NTSE Scholarship Pattern:
All selected (1000) students will get a monthly scholarship as per decided by NCERT, Delhi. Check the Scholarship pattern here-
- For Intermediate students (11th and 12th) – Rs. 1250 per Month.
- For Under Graduation & Post Graduation Students – Rs. 2000 per Month.
- For Ph.D. students – As per UGC Norms
There is no prescribed syllabus for the NTSE examination. However, the standard of items shall be conforming to the level of Classes IX and X. A separate booklet called ‘Learn about the Test’ containing sample items for both the Tests- MAT and SAT is available in print as well as on the NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in.
State level examination may have two parts: Part-I – Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Part-II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) for nominating the required number of candidates for the second level test to be conducted by the NCERT. Both the tests will be administered on the same day
Mental Ability Test
- There shall be 100 multiple-choice type items, with four alternatives. Each item will carry one mark. Candidates are required to answer the items on a separate OMR sheet as per instructions given in the test booklet and on the OMR sheet.
Scholastic Aptitude Test
- The scholastic Aptitude Test will consist of 100 multiple-choice items of one mark each. Each item shall have four alternatives, out of which only one will be the correct answer. There shall be 40 items from Science, 40 from Social Science and 20 from Mathematics, Candidates are required to answer the items on a separate OMR sheet to be provided at the examination centre as per instructions.
Question Paper Pattern
|Paper||Test name||Max Marks||No of Questions||Duration||Exam Time|
|I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120 Mins||9:30 AM – 11:30 AM|
|II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||120 Mins||02:00 PM – 04:00 PM|
Subject Wise Marking Scheme
|S.No||Event Name||Tentative Dates|
|1||Application Online Submission form||October 13, 2020|
|2||Payment may be made from||October 13, 2020|
|3||Last date for upload the candidate’s application by the concerned Head Masters||November 06, 2020|
|4||Last date for payment of examination fee||November 09, 2020|
|5||Last date for submission of printed nominal rolls along with other enclosures in the O/o. The District Educational Office concerned by the School HMs||November 12, 2020|
|6||Last date for submission of printed Nominal Rolls by the concerned DEO’s in the O/o. The Director of Government Examinations, A.P. Vijayawada.||November 16, 2020|
|7||NTSE Stage-1 Exam Date||December 13, 2020|
|8||Exam Timings||Paper-I: 09:30 – 11:30 AM|
Paper-II: 02:00 – 04:00 PM.
- Check official website link of AP NTSE (Stage-1) Examination updates at https://www.bse.ap.gov.in/NTSE.aspx
- NTSE Dec 2020 Due Dates – English
- NTSE Dec 2020 Press Note – Telugu
- Fill online application form of AP NTSE examination from here.
- For National Level NTSE (Stage-2) notification details click here.
- Check Telangana State NTSE Notification Updates here.
- User guide to fill application form
- G.O Regarding EWS Reservation
- G.O Regarding OBC NON- Creamy Layer
Download NTSE Information Brochure