Delhi Police 5846 constable (Male & Female) Vacancies 2020 are going to fill through Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Regarding this SSC has released recruitment notification. The online application begins on August 1 and the last date for registrations is September 7, 2020. Candidates are advised to read the notice carefully for eligibility norms, age, syllabus, exam dates and other updates available below.
Delhi Police 5846 Constable Vacancies 2020 (Notification)
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the notice for recruitment of Constable (Executive) in Delhi Police. The recruitment examination will be held for both men and women candidates. The commission has advertised 5,846 vacancies. The online application begins on August 1 and will conclude on September 7, 2020.
Caste Wise Vacancy Details
Delhi Police Recruitment Cell has introduced 5846 Constable vacancies for Delhi Police 2020 Exam along with its official notification. Let’s have a look at the category-wise Delhi Police Constable vacancy 2020.
|Constable (Exe.) Male (Open)||1681||343||662||590||157||3433|
|Constable (Exe.) Female||933||202||387||328||94||1944|
|Constable (Exe)- Male|
(Including Backlog SC-19 & ST-15)
|Constable (Exe)- Male Ex-Servicemen (Commando) (Including Backlog Sc-34 & ST-19)||93||19||37||67||27||243|
- Candidates who have passed Class 12th from a recognized Board will be able to apply for the aforesaid posts.
- Relaxable up to 11th pass only for:-
i) Bandsmen, buglers, mounted constables, drivers, dispatch riders, etc. of Delhi Police only.
ii) Sons of serving, deceased, retired police personnel including MultiTasking Staff of Delhi Police.
Candidate must possess a valid driving license for LMV(Motor cycle or Car) for the post of Const. (Exe.) Male in Delhi Police as on the date of PE&MT. Learner License is not acceptable.
- 18 to 25 years as on 1 July 2020 (Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02-07-1995 and later than 01-07-2002.)
- Note: There will be age relaxation for the candidates belonging to the reserved category as per government norms
|General and EWS candidates||18 to 25 years|
|OBC category||18 to 27 years|
|SC / ST candidates||18 to 30 years|
Pay Scale (Salary)
- Rs. 5,200 – 20,200/- + Grade Pay Rs. 2,000/- (Revised Pay Scale after 7th CPC pay Matrix Level-03).
For Male Candidates
- 165 cms: For residents of Hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Leh & Ladakh.
- 165 cms: For ST candidates and sons of either serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.
- Minimum 81 cms – 85 cms (with a minimum of 4 cms expansion).
- Relaxation: 5 Cms for residents of Hill areas as listed above, ST, and for sons of either serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.
For Female Candidates
Minimum 157 Cms
- Relaxation: 2 cms for residents of Hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Leh and Ladakh.
- 2 cms for SC/ ST candidates.
- 5 cms for daughters of either serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.
Dates to Save
|Notification Release Date||1st August 2020|
|On-line registration Starts on||1st August 2020|
|Last date to Apply||7th September 2020|
|Last date for Fee Payment||9th September 2020|
|Last date to Generate Offline Challan||11th September 2020|
|Last date for Payment through Challan||14th September 2020|
|Admit Card Available in||October 2020|
|Exam dates (Tentative)||27th & 30th November,|
1st to 3rd December,
7th to 11th December and 14th December 2020
|Delhi Police Constable Result||To be Notified Later|
Eligible candidates can apply online through the SSC website, ‘ssc.nic.in’. The application fee is Rs. 100. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee.
Application fee can be paid by the candidates up to September 9. For candidates who wish to make cash payment through challan of SBI, the last date to generate challan is September 11 and last date to pay application fee is September 14, 2020.
Application Process – How to Apply
The online registration process for Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2020 has been begun from 1st August 2020. The online application link is mentioned below. All candidates who wants to apply for Delhi Police Constable 2020 exam can apply online till 7th September 2020 by clicking on the links mentioned below:
Applications must be submitted in online mode only through the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
- Direct Recruitment of Constables(Exe.)(Male & Female) in Delhi Police-2020 Notification through SSC English PDF – Hindi PDF
- Delhi Police Official Website: https://www.delhipolice.nic.in
- Recruitment Page of Delhi Police: https://www.delhipolice.nic.in/recruitment.html
- Check other State and central job notifications
Delhi Police Constable Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for the recruitment into Delhi Police for over 5000 vacancies is given below.
All candidates (Male & Female) including Ex-servicemen shall be put through a Computer Based Test, or CBT. Qualified candidates from the CBT will be eligible to appear for the physical requirement test.
- The written exam for the Delhi Police Constable will be for a duration of 1 Hr. 30 Minutes.
- All the questions will be objective in nature comprising a total of 100 Questions.
- There will four sections each comprising of different marks.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 Marks for each wrong answer.
- All the questions for the Delhi Police Constable recruitment will be set in English and Hindi.
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|Part A||General Knowledge/|
|Part C||Numerical Ability||15||25|
|Part D||Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MS Word, Communication, Internet and Web Browsers etc||10||20|
The recruitment process will consist of Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PE&MT)and Medical Examination of finally selected candidates.
- Online CBT Written Exam
- Physical Endurance & Measurement Test (PE & MT)
- Medical Test
- 1 Delhi Police 5846 Constable Vacancies 2020 (Notification)
- 2 Caste Wise Vacancy Details
- 3 Educational Qualifications
- 4 Essential Requirement
- 5 Age Limit
- 6 Pay Scale (Salary)
- 7 Physical Requirements
- 8 For Male Candidates
- 9 For Female Candidates
- 10 Dates to Save
- 11 Registration Fee
- 12 Application Process – How to Apply
- 13 Direct Links
- 14 Delhi Police Constable Exam Pattern
- 15 Selection Process
- 16 Send to friends: